Section 130 of CGST Act,2017 ? Confiscation of goods or conveyances and levy of penalty
Section 130 of CGST Act,2017 from bare act : ?
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, if any person?
(i) supplies or receives any goods in contravention of any of the provisions of?this Act or the rules made thereunder with intent to evade payment of tax; or
(ii) does not account for any goods on which he is liable to pay tax under this?Act; or
(iii) supplies any goods liable to tax under this Act without having applied for?registration; or?
(iv) contravenes any of the provisions of this Act or the rules made thereunder?with intent to evade payment of tax; or
(v) uses any conveyance as a means of transport for carriage of goods in?contravention of the provisions of this Act or the rules made thereunder unless the?owner of the conveyance proves that it was so used without the knowledge or?connivance of the owner himself, his agent, if any, and the person in charge of the?conveyance,
then, all such goods or conveyances shall be liable to confiscation and the person shall be?liable to penalty under section 122.
(2) Whenever confiscation of any goods or conveyance is authorised by this Act, the?officer adjudging it shall give to the owner of the goods an option to pay in lieu of confiscation,?such fine as the said officer thinks fit:
Provided that such fine leviable shall not exceed the market value of the goods?confiscated, less the tax chargeable thereon:
Provided further that the aggregate of such fine and penalty leviable shall not be less?than the amount of penalty leviable under sub-section (1) of section 129:
Provided also that where any such conveyance is used for the carriage of the goods or?passengers for hire, the owner of the conveyance shall be given an option to pay in lieu of?the confiscation of the conveyance a fine equal to the tax payable on the goods being?transported thereon.
(3) Where any fine in lieu of confiscation of goods or conveyance is imposed under?sub-section (2), the owner of such goods or conveyance or the person referred to in?sub-section (1), shall, in addition, be liable to any tax, penalty and charges payable in respect?of such goods or conveyance.
(4) No order for confiscation of goods or conveyance or for imposition of penalty shall?be issued without giving the person an opportunity of being heard.
(5) Where any goods or conveyance are confiscated under this Act, the title of such?goods or conveyance shall thereupon vest in the Government.
(6) The proper officer adjudging confiscation shall take and hold possession of the?things confiscated and every officer of Police, on the requisition of such proper officer, shall?assist him in taking and holding such possession.
(7) The proper officer may, after satisfying himself that the confiscated goods or?conveyance are not required in any other proceedings under this Act and after giving?reasonable time not exceeding three months to pay fine in lieu of confiscation, dispose of?such goods or conveyance and deposit the sale proceeds thereof with the Government.
OFFENCES AND PENALTIES
Chapter XIX of the CGST Act,2017 covers seventeen sections relating to OFFENCES AND PENALTIES??under GST. All these?sections from the CGST Act,2017 are available for your ready reference.
Section 122 😕Penalty for certain offences
Section 123 😕Penalty for failure to furnish information return
Section 124 :??Fine for failure to furnish statistics
Section 125 😕General Penalty
Section 126 😕General disciplines related to penalty
Section 127 😕Power to impose penalty in certain cases
Section 128 :??Power to waive penalty or fee or both
Section 129 😕Detention, seizure and release of goods and conveyances in transit
Section 130 😕Confiscation of goods or conveyances and levy of penalty
Section 131 😕Confiscation or penalty not to interfere with other punishments
Section 132 😕Punishment for certain offences
Section 133 😕Liability of?officers and?certain other persons
Section 134 😕Cognizance of?offences
Section 135 :??Presumption of culpable mental state
Section 136 😕Relevancy of?statements?under certain?circumstances
Section 137 😕Offences by companies
Section 138:?Compounding of offences