CBDT issues guidelines for filling ITR-4 SUGAM for AY 2018-19
These instructions are guidelines for filling the particulars in this Return Form. In case of any doubt, please refer to relevant provisions of the Income-tax Act, 1961 and the Income-tax Rules, 1962.
Assessment Year for which this Return Form is applicable
This Return Form is applicable for assessment year 2018-19 only, i.e., it relates to income earned in Financial Year 2017-18.
Who can use this Return Form
This Return Form is to be used by an individual/ HUF/ Partnership Firm whose total income for the assessment year 2018-19 includes:-
- Business income where such income is computed in accordance with special provisions referred to in sections 44AD and 44AE of the Act for computation of business income; or
- Income from Profession where such income is computed in accordance with special provisions referred to in sections 44ADA; or
- Salary/ Pension; or
- Income from One House Property (excluding cases where there is brought forward loss or loss to be carried forward under this head); or
- Income from Other Sources (excluding Winning from Lottery and Income from Race Horses).
Note 1: The income computed shall be presumed to have been computed after giving full effect to every loss, allowance, depreciation or deduction under the Income-tax Act.
Note 2: Further, in a case where the income of another person like spouse, minor child, etc. is to be clubbed with the income of the assessee, this Return Form can be used only if the income being clubbed falls into the above income categories.
Who cannot use this Return Form
SUGAM cannot be used in following cases:-
- Income from more than one house property or where there is brought forward loss or loss to be carried forward under this head; or
- Income from Winnings from lottery or income from Race horses; or
- Income under ?the ?head? Capital ?Gains, ?e.g. ?Short-term ?capital ?gains ?or ?long-term capital gains from sale of house, plot, shares etc.; or
- Income taxable under section 115BBDA; or
- Income of the nature referred to in section 115BBE; or
- Agricultural income in excess of Rs. 5,000; or
- Income from Speculative Business and other special incomes; or
- Income from an agency business or income in the nature of commission or brokerage; or
- Person claiming relief of foreign tax paid under section 90, 90A or 91; or
- Any resident having any asset (including financial interest in any entity) located outside India or signing authority in any account located outside India; or
- Any resident having income from any source outside
SUGAM form is not mandatory
?SUGAM ITR Form shall not apply at the option of the assessee, if:-
- the assessee keeps and maintains all the books of account and other documents referred to in section 44AA in respect of the business or profession;
- the assessee gets his accounts audited and obtains a report of such audit as required under section 44AB in respect of the business or
In the above scenarios, regular ITR-3 or ITR-5, as the case may, should be filed and not SUGAM.
5.??????????? Annexure-less Return Form
No document (including TDS Certificate) should be attached to this Return Form. All such documents enclosed with this Return Form will be detached and returned to the person filing the return.
6.??????????? Manner of filing this Return Form
This Return Form can be filed with the Income-tax Department in any of the following ways?
- by furnishing the return in a paper form;
- by furnishing the return electronically under digital signature;
- by transmitting the data in the return electronically under electronic verification code;
- by transmitting the data in the return electronically and thereafter submitting the verification of the return in Return Form ITR ? V;
Where the Return Form is furnished in the manner mentioned at 6 (iv), the assessee should printout two copies of Form ITR ? V. One copy of ITR-V, duly signed by the assessee, has to be sent by post to – Post Bag No. 1, Electronic City Office, Bengaluru? 560500, Karnataka. The other copy may be retained by the assessee for his record.
Only the following persons have an option to file return in paper form:-
- an individual of the age of 80 years or more at any time during the previous year; or
- an individual or HUF whose income does not exceed five lakh rupees and no refund is claimed in the return of income.
In case of a Firm, option to file return in paper form is not applicable.
Filling out the acknowledgment
Only one copy of this Return Form is required to be filed where the Return Form is furnished in the manner mentioned at 6(i). The acknowledgment/ITR-V should be duly filled.
Obligation to file return
Every individual or HUF whose total income before allowing deductions under Chapter VI-A of the Income-tax Act, exceeds the maximum amount which is not chargeable to income tax is obligated to furnish his return of income. The deductions under Chapter VI- A are mentioned in Part C of this Return Form. The maximum amount not chargeable to income tax in case of different categories of individuals is as follows:-
|Sl. No.||Category||Amount (in Rs.)|
|(i)||In case of individuals below the age of 60 years||2,50,000|
|(ii)||In case of individuals, being resident in India, who are of the age of 60 years or more at any time during the
financial year 2017-18 but below the age of 80 years.
|(iii)||In case of individuals, being resident in India, who are of the age of 80 years or more at any time during the
financial year 2017-18.
Every firm shall furnish the return of income in this ITR Form, where income from business or profession is computed in accordance with section 44AD, section 44ADA or section 44AE.
Click here to download the guidelines issued by CBDT. This guideline also include?Item by Item Instructions for filing XML.
Click here to download the ITR form
Instructions for filing ITR for AY 2018-19 | FY 17-18
Tags : CBDT issues guidelines for filling ITR-4 SUGAM for AY 2018-19,?Item by Item Instruction of filing ITR-4,?section 44aa of income tax act 1961 for ay 2017-18, section 44aa for ay 2017-18, 44aa applicability, section 44aa of income tax act 1961 for ay 2018-19, are you liable to maintain accounts as per section 44aa?, no account case section, section 44ad, 44aa 2,?itr 4 for ay 2018-19, how to fill itr-4 with example, itr 3 instructions ay 2018-19, itr 3 for ay 2018-19, itr 4 instructions, itr 4 sugam 2018-19 pdf, income tax instructions 2018 19, itr 1 form 2018-19 pdf,?itr forms for ay 2018-19 download, itr 3 for ay 2018-19, itr 4 for ay 2018-19 pdf, itr 1 form 2018-19 pdf, how to fill itr-4 with example, income tax return form 2018-19 excel format, itr 4 pdf, itr 2 for ay 2018-19