4 Major Upcoming changes in e-Way bill system [E-Way Bill Changes]
1.) Auto calculation of route distance based on PIN code for generation of EWB
• E-waybill system is being enabled to auto calculate the route distance for movement of goods, based on the Postal PIN codes of source and destination locations.
• User is allowed to enter the actual distance as per his movement of goods. However, it will be limited to 10% more than the displayed distance for entry.
• If the PIN entered is incorrect, the system would alert the user as INVALID PIN CODE.
2.) Blocking of generation of multiple E-Way Bills on one Invoice/ document
• Based on the representation received by the transporters, the government has decided not to allow generation of multiple eway bills based on one invoice, by any party – consignor, consignee and transporter. That is, once E-way Bill is generated with an invoice number, then none of the parties – consignor, consignee or transporter – can generate the E-Way Bill with the same invoice number. One Invoice, One E-way Bill policy is followed. The change will come in the next version
3.) Extension of E-Way Bill in case Consignment is in Transit
• A provision is being incorporated to extend the E-way Bill, when the goods are in transit. The transit means the goods could be on Road or in Warehouse.
• During the extension of the e-way bill, the user is prompted to answer whether the Consignment is in Transit or in Movement. On selection of In Transit, the address details of the transit place need to be provided. On selection of In Movement the system will prompt the user to enter the Place and Vehicle details from where the extension is required. In both these scenarios, the destination PIN will be considered from the PART-A of the E-way Bill for calculation of distance for movement and validity date.
4.) Blocking of Interstate Transactions for Composition dealers
As per the GST Act, the composition tax payers are not supposed to do Interstate transactions. Hence next version will not allow generation of e-way bill for inter-state movement, if the supplier is composition tax payer. Also, the supplies of composition tax payers will not be allowed to enter any of the taxes under CGST or SGST for intrastate transactions. In case of Composition tax payer, document type of Tax Invoice will not be enabled.
Tags : E-Way Bill, E-Way Bill System, changes in e-Way bill system, gst e-way bill changes