EPFO Eases Compliance Process by Employers – EPFO allows employers to register digital signatures via e-mail
EPFO introduces email mechanism to obtain e-Sign for easing the Process of EPF Compliance by Employers during Lockdown Period as employers were finding difficult to use digital or Aadhaar based e-Sign
Employees’ Provident Fund Organization, India Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India vide press release dated 06th May, 2020 has issued Circular on Employer’s DSC /e-Sign Registration of Authorized Signatories in The Lockdown Period.
In the current scenario of lockdown announced by the Govt. to control the spread of COVID-19 pandemic and other disruptions, the businesses and enterprises are not able to function normally and are facing problems in using their digital signatures or Aadhaar based e-sign on EPFO portal.
- EPFO introduces email mechanism
- This mechanism will help obtain e-Sign for easing the Process of EPF Compliance by Employers during Lockdown Period
- Aim is to resolve the problems in using their digital signatures or Aadhaar based e-sign on EPFO portal.
- such establishments, whose authorized officers have approved digital signatures but are not able to locate the dongle, can login to the employer portal and register their e-sign through the link for registration of already registered authorized signatories.
Kindly note that:
If their name against the approved digital signature is same as that in their Aadhar, the registration of e-sign will not require any further approval. Other authorized signatories can register their e-signs and send the request letters approved by the employers and seek approval of the concerned EPFO Offices.
• Why Relaxation required:
Many important tasks are being done online by the authorized persons of employers using their Digital Signatures (DSC) or Aadhar based e-Signs on EPFO portal like:
• KYC attestation,
• transfer claim attestation etc.
For using DSC/e-Sign, one time approval from Regional Offices is required. Due to lockdown, many employers are facing difficulties to send the one time registration requests to the Regional Offices.
This facility provides further relief to the employers and EPF members adversely impacted by the Pandemic.
EPFO has decided to accept such requests through email also. Employer can send the scanned copy of duly signed request letter to the concerned Regional Office through mail. Official email addresses of the Regional Offices are available at www.epfindia.gov.in .
Disclaimer: IN NO EVENT THE AUTHOR SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGE RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS INFORMATION.