“Relaxation to Life Insurance Policyholders – Premium Upto 31.05.2020”
• ADDITIONAL GRACE PERIOD FOR LIFE INSURANCE POLICIES
• IRDAI extended grace period up to 31st May 2020 for all policies where premium was due in the month of March 2020.
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) vide Circular Ref: IRDAI/Life/Grace Period dated 09.05.2020 has ADDITIONAL GRACE PERIOD FOR LIFE INSURANCE POLICIES in the context of Covid-19 pandemic.
1. First, IRDAI had announced on 23rd March 2020 and 4th April 2020, additional Grace Period of 30 days for the policies where premium fell due in the months of March 2020 and April 2020.
2. Now lockdown has been further extended up to 17th May 2020, the Authority has now allowed extended grace period up to 31st May 2020 for all policies where premium was due in the month of March 2020.
3. Kindly note that:
Objective of Grace Period allowed is to pay all the premiums due within that period so as to keep the policy coverage in force.
4. Life insurance companies are equipped to provide facility to pay premiums online.
5. The policyholders are encouraged to make use of this provision so as to minimize their personal visit to the offices of the insurers.
Link – source:
IN NO EVENT THE AUTHOR SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGE RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS INFORMATION. THIS HAS BEN SHARED FOR KNOWLEDGE PURPOSES ONLY.
Tags : News