GST Audit for FY 2019-20 relaxed for small taxpayers having t/o upto 5 Cr.
New Delhi, the 15th October 2020
No. 79/2020–Central Tax
G.S.R. 639(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by section 164 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 (12 of 2017), the Central Government, on recommendations of the Council, hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017, namely: –
1. Short title and commencement. – (1) These rules may be called the Central Goods and Services Tax (Twelveth Amendment) Rules, 2020.
(2) Save as otherwise provided in these rules, they shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017 (hereinafter referred to as the said rules), in rule 46, for the first proviso, the following proviso shall be substituted, namely: –
“Provided that the Board may, on the recommendations of the Council, by notification, specify-
(i) the number of digits of Harmonised System of Nomenclature code for goods or services that a class of registered persons shall be required to mention; or
(ii) a class of supply of goods or services for which a specified number of digits of Harmonised System of Nomenclature code shall be required to be mentioned by all registered taxpayers; and
(iii) the class of registered persons that would not be required to mention the Harmonised System of Nomenclature code for goods or services:”.
3. In the said rules, for rule 67A, the following rule shall be substituted, namely: –
“67A. Manner of furnishing of return or details of outward supplies by short messaging service facility.- Notwithstanding anything contained in this Chapter, for a registered person who is required to furnish a Nil return under section 39 in FORM GSTR-3B or a Nil details of outward supplies under section 37 in FORM GSTR-1 or a Nil statement in FORM GST CMP-08 for a tax period, any reference to electronic furnishing shall include the furnishing of the said return or the details of outward supplies or statement through a short messaging service using the registered mobile number and the said return or the details of outward supplies or statement shall be verified by a registered mobile number based One Time Password facility.
Explanation. – For the purpose of this rule, a Nil return or Nil details of outward supplies or Nil statement shall mean a return under section 39 or details of outward supplies under section 37 or statement under rule 62, for a tax period that has nil or no entry in all the Tables in FORM GSTR-3B of FORM GSTR-1 or FORM GST CMP-08, as the case may be.”.
4. In the said rules, in rule 80, in sub-rule (3), for the proviso, the following proviso shall be substituted, namely: –
“Provided that for the financial year 2018-2019 and 2019-2020, every registered person whose aggregate turnover exceeds five crore rupees shall get his accounts audited as specified under sub-section (5) of section 35 and he shall furnish a copy of audited annual accounts and a reconciliation statement, duly certified, in FORM GSTR-9C for the said financial year, electronically through the common portal either directly or through a Facilitation Centre notified by the Commissioner.”.