- January 26, 2019 at 12:46 pm #52677
DURING THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER, 2017 WHILE MAKING TAX PAYMENT Rs.2,76,000/- WAS WRONGLY PAID UNDER HEAD OF ACCOUNT ‘FEES” INSTEAD OF SGST HEAD OF ACCOUNT. RECENTLY TAKE UP MATTER WITH STATE AUTHORITIES, FORWARDED THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS. AM I ELIGIBLE TO GET BACK REFUND OR NOT ? IF SO, LET ME KNOW THE PROCEDURE.January 26, 2019 at 12:49 pm #52678
DURING THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER, 2017 WHILE MAKING TAX PAYMENT Rs.2,76,000/- WAS WRONGLY PAID UNDER HEAD OF ACCOUNT ‘fees’ INSTEAD OF SGST HEAD OF ACCOUNT. RECENTLY TAKE UP MATTER WITH STATE AUTHORITIES, FORWARDED THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS. AM I ELIGIBLE TO GET BACK REFUND OR NOT ? IF SO, LET ME KNOW THE PROCEDURE.
Continue reading at https://studycafe.in/forums/topic/tax-payment-made-in-wrong-head-of-a-c | StudyCafeJanuary 26, 2019 at 1:29 pm #52680
Yes as per my knowledge you can claim refund for this mistake:
You can claim refund of excess balance lying in your cash ledger.
1. Access the https://www.gst.gov.in/ URL. The GST Home page is displayed.
2. Click the Services > Refunds > Application for Refund command.
3. The Select the refund type page is displayed. Select the reason as Refund of Excess Balance in Electronic Cash Ledger option.
4. Click the CREATE button.
5. The GST RFD-01 A – Excess Balance in Electronic Cash Ledger page is displayed.
6. Balance amount available in Electronic Cash Ledger is auto-populated in Form GST RFD-01A.
7. Enter the amount of Refund to be claimed for Integrated Tax, Central Tax, State/ UT Tax and Cess in table “Refund Claimed”. The amount of refund to be claimed cannot be more than the balance amount available in Electronic Cash Ledger.
8. Select the Account Number from the Select Account Number drop-down list in which refund has to be credited.
9. Under section upload Supporting Documents, you can upload supporting documents (if any).
10. Click on the checkbox in the declaration. Select the name fo the ‘Authorised Signatory’ from the drop-down.
11. Based on the type of your organisation click on ‘SUBMIT WITH DSC’ or ‘SUBMIT WITH EVC’
12. Once RFD – 01 is filed Refund ARN Receipt is generated in PDF format. After inspection by a GST officer refund will be credited to the bank account.January 26, 2019 at 6:31 pm #52737
THANQ. PRATHIBHA GOYAL FOR YOUR ADVISE.February 6, 2019 at 5:44 pm #54000
I HAD FACED SAME MISTAKE WHILE PAYING TAX. I HAD MADE PAYMENT IN IGST INSTEAD OF CGST. BOTH TAX AND FEE WAS PAID IN IGST. I FOLLOWED ALL THE STEPS MENTIONED BY PRATIBHA GOYAL IN ADDITION I HAD TO VISIT JURISDICTION OFFICE ALONG WITH HARDCOPY OF DOCS LIKE OF ARN, RFD01 LETTER MENTIONING REASON FOR CLAIMIMG REFUND ETC ATTESTED BY THE AUTHORISED SIGNATORY. OTHER THAN THESE DOCS I WAS TOLD TO BRING OTHER DOCUMENTS AS WELL (DEPENDS ON OFFICER’S REQUIREMENT). WHILE SUBMITTING I MET THE CONCERN OFFICER HE TOLD ME THERE IS NO PROVISION FOR REFUND OF FEES AND INTEREST.ONCE YOU SUBMIT THE DOCUMENTS WITHIN 15 DAYS YOU WILL BE CALLED, THEY WILL GIVE YOU ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. LATER YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW UP WITH THE DEPARTMENT. I WOULD ADVICE KEEP STRONG FOLLOW UP BECAUSE IN MY CASE THEY HANDED OVER ME ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND DID NOT FORWARD THE FILE FOR FURTHER PROCESSING SO MY REFUND WAS DELAYED.FINALLY IT TOOK AROUND 5 MONTH TO RECEIVE REFUND OF TAX. NORMALLY IT TAKES MINIMUM 3 MONTHS.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.