Job Opportunity at American Express Global Business Travel for Payroll Accounting & Reconciliation
American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) is the world’s leading business partner for managed travel. We help companies and employees prosper by making sure travelers are present where and when it matters. We keep global business moving with the powerful backing of 16,000 travel professionals in more than 140 countries. Companies of all sizes, and in all places, rely on GBT to provide travel management services, organize meetings and events, and deliver business travel consulting.
- Account Analyst for Payroll Accounting & Reconciliation is required to move payroll processes from the EMEA regions to the US markets.
- GBT’s Global Payroll Reconciliation processes are being managed.
- Validate the Pay report to ensure that the correct data is being sent to the payroll processor.
- Bank reconciliation, general ledger, and sub-ledger reconciliation all require reconciliation and data analysis.
- To collect and give required explanations, coordinate with HR and other stakeholders.
- Perform payroll controls to guarantee that the payroll report is accurate.
- Assist with internal and statutory audits as needed.
- Participate in tasks involving payroll.
- Carry out ad hoc payroll-related tasks.
- Assist the team leader with projects and other payroll duties.
- Maintain relationships with key points of contact across processes and other functions, both internally and externally with payroll outsource vendors, to maintain a grasp of the process context and discover both intraprocess and crossprocess improvement opportunities.
- A minimum of 5 years of expertise in the accounting process is required.
- It will be advantageous if you have prior experience working in a shared services setting.
- It will be advantageous if you are familiar with payroll accounting entries.
- Problem-solving abilities, as well as written and vocal communication abilities
- In a fast-paced environment, the ability to provide outcomes is essential.
- Self-motivation and drive, as well as the capacity to work autonomously
- An grasp of customer attention and service delivery, as well as the capacity to create strong customer relationships.
- a track record of meeting deadlines
- Communication and interpersonal abilities that are clear and effective, as well as team player attributes