Job Opportunity for B.com/Graduates at Indian Oil
Indian Oil Corporation Limited, one of the largest commercial undertaking in India and a Fortune “Global 500” Company, as a measure of Skill Building Initiative for the Nation, invites applications from candidates for engagement as Apprentices at its Refineries under Apprentices Act, 1961/1973 (as amended) in the Trade / Discipline.
1. No. of seats indicated above is tentative and may increase or decrease in the relevant categories at the absolute discretion of the management and in compliance with the Presidential Directives on reservation at the time of engagement.
2. In case of non-availability of suitable candidates for filling up the seats against code 110 or 111, the same shall be filled by suitable candidates from code 111 or 110, as the case may be, as per selection criteria and other criteria/parameters.
3. For PwBD (Persons with Benchmark Disability) category, Govt of India Guidelines shall apply. Candidates belonging to PwBD categories can apply against identified seats under Codes 102, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 & 111 only.
The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016 – Section 2(r) defines “person with benchmark disability” as a person duly certified by the certifying authority with:
- not less than 40% of a specified disability where specified disability has not been defined in measurable terms and
- a disability where specified disability has been defined in measurable terms.
The candidates are required to submit a Disability Certificate issued by competent authority as per the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Rules, 2017, failing which their candidature as PwBD candidates will not be considered. Persons with Benchmark Disabilities must be capable of performing the task assigned to them/take instructions using suitable aids and appliances. Engagement of apprentices belonging to PwBD category will be from categories below:
|1. PV-Low vision, Blind
2. PH-Hard of hearing, Deaf
3. PL-Musculoskeletal (OH-OA/OL), Dwarfism, Acid Attack Victim, Cerebral Palsy, Leprosy Cured
4. Multiple Disabilities (a combination of above)
|P=Physical; V=Vision; H=Hearing;
Deployment of PwBD with other disabilities, may put such PwBDs at risk, considering ours being a hazardous industry, hence not included.
1. The prescribed qualification for Class XII / Graduate / Diploma holders should be from a recognized Board/ University/Institute as a regular full time course in the relevant trade/discipline with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST and PwBD category candidates for the seats reserved for them) in aggregate.
Wherever CGPA/OGPA or Letter Grade is awarded in the Class XII/ ITI (Fitter)/Degree/Diploma examinations, its equivalent aggregate percentage of marks must be indicated in the On-line Application as per the norms adopted by Board/University/Institute. Candidates will have to furnish certificate from the concerned University/Institute regarding the equivalent aggregate percentage of marks with reference to their CGPA/OGPA or Letter Grade at the time of document verification failing which their candidature will not be considered.
2. For ITI qualification in the relevant trade, eligibility shall be pass marks. Only regular full time ITI course recognised by NCVT/SCVT shall be considered.
3. Diploma / Graduation/ ITI in Branch / Subjects as specified against respective Trade/ Discipline above will ONLY be considered as eligible qualification. Diploma / Graduation/ ITI in other than specified Branch / Subjects shall not be considered.
4. No Claim of possession of a qualification equivalent to a prescribed qualification shall be entertained.
1. Minimum 18 years and maximum age shall be 24 years as on 31-10-2021 for General/EWS candidates. Relaxation of upper age limit to SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/PwBD candidates shall be extended as per Govt. guidelines.
2. Marksheet/Certificate issued by Board of Secondary Education for passing Matriculation (Class X) Examination shall be the only acceptable document in support of age.
Date of reckoning eligibility criteria:
The date for the purposes of possession of qualification and meeting age criteria shall be 31-10-2021.
Obligation for employment:
Upon completion of the Apprenticeship period, the Corporation shall have NO obligation to offer employment to such apprentices NOR can an Apprentice claim right for employment on the grounds of completion of Apprenticeship.
To Read the Full Details Download PDF Given Below :