GST TRAN -1 due date extended – GST Order no. 2/2017
- Government has extended the time limit for submitting the declaration in FORM GST TRAN-1.
- Earlier the due date for the same was 30th September,2017 which is now extended to 31st October,2017 vide order no. 2/2017 dated 18th September, 2017.
- FORM GST TRAN-1 is to be filed for availing the credit for the taxes paidbefore the roll out of GST in July, 2017.
- Transitional credit of GST can be claimed only if the taxpayershave duly filed returns for the past six months for Excise/VAT/Service Tax.
- FORM GST TRAN-1 is not to be filed by composite dealers.
F. No. 349/58/2017-GST
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Excise and Customs
New Delhi,18th September, 2017
Subject: Extension of time limit for submitting the declaration in FORM GST TRAN-1under rule 120A of the Central Goods and Service Tax Rules, 2017
In exercise of the powers conferred by rule 120A of the Central Goods and ServicesTax Rules, 2017 read with section 168 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017, theCommissioner, on the recommendations of the Council, hereby extends the period forsubmitting the declaration in FORM GST TRAN-1 till 31st October, 2017.
You may also like :