ITR-1 and ITR-4 Utility Released by CBDT
Taxpayers should be happy to note that Income Tax Return Forms [ITR Forms] 1 and 4 have been made available by CBDT.
Taxpayers who are eligible to file Income Tax Return Forms [ITR Forms] 1 and 4 and do not have TDS Deduction can file their Returns.
Some of the important features:
- Excel & Java version of ITR utilities will be discontinued from AY 2021-22.
- Import of Prefill file is mandatory in utility.
The utility for other ITRs will be enabled shortly, the ITR1 to 4 can be filled using a single JSON Utility.
Instruction for use of offline utilities:
1. Select the Assessment Year
2. Download either excel or Java or JSON utility. The utility by default will get downloaded in your system ‘download’ folder in a compressed mode (ZIP file)
3. Extract (un-compress) the zip file containing the utilities. The folder will be extracted in the same location where the compressed utility was downloaded. Open the utility and start filling.
OS – Windows 7 or later are supported, Processor – Intel Pentium 4 processor or later that’s SSE2 capable or AMD K10 or above core architecture, RAM – 1.5GB of RAM or more, HDD – 500MB or more of free space
Macro enabled MS-Office Excel version 2010/2013/2016 on Microsoft Windows 7 / 8 /10 with .Net Framework (3.5 & above)
Microsoft Windows 7/8/10, Linux and Mac OS 10.x with JRE (Java Runtime Environment) Version 8 with latest updates.