Job Opportunity for CA at Urban Company as Senior Manager Finance
About Urban Company
Home services is a large, unorganized industry in India. Indian consumers spend ~ USD 30 Billion annually on home services. They largely rely on word of mouth and friends-family recommendations for search and discovery. There is no large, well run, billion-dollar Company in this category today. The industry lacks scale benefits – standardization, transparency, and trust.
In the absence of organized players, the current market architecture is froth with middlemen and aggregators, who control market access and keep a lion’s share of the margins. As a result, experiences are broken for both customers and end service professionals. The industry could easily be 1.5-2x larger than it is today if frictions in transaction journeys are removed – and experiences made more meaningful and memorable.
What are you expected to do?
1. Responsible for monthly closing of books and preparation of MIS/PnL and cash flow for circulation to management and investors.
2. Responsible for monthly balance sheet schedules including GL to Sub-GL reconciliation with ageing etc.
3. Handling of accounting controls (such as assets, liabilities, incomes and gains reconciliations, ledger scrutiny, etc.).
4. Responsible for closure of standalone, its subsidiary, and consolidated financial statements as per Ind AS and IFRS for limited review and annual financial statements.
5. Responsible for variance analysis – monthly, quarterly and annual along with AGM FAQs
6. Handling Compliances under SEBI (LODR) Regulations 2015 and Companies Act 2013.
7. Suggesting accounting of new business transactions in line with applicable Ind AS and IFRS.
8. Liasioning with Big 4 Auditors on timely closure of Audits as per Listing requirements and also assist in International Audits.
9. Overall responsible for reviewing day-to-day accounting operations in respect of Account Payable Account Receivable, Revenue Accounting, Receipts Reconciliations, Customer Balance Reconciliation, Vendor Reconciliation. GST, TDS, Fixed Assets, Inter-Company transactions, etc. – Complete bookkeeping will be supervised by the person with accuracy and completeness.
10. Driving IFRS/US-GAAP conversion for IPO readiness. Carry out the impact assessment analysis for transition to IFRS/USGAAP and summarize the accounting adjustments required across the group entities.
11. Driving automation in Oracle for revenue and receipts transactions with coordination with Business Team and Tech Team based on Finance requirements.
12. Publishing various dashboards for Management including but not limited to (ageing report, old provisioning, revenue growth, cash flows, etc).
13. Finance SPOC for resolution of all finance-related issues, provide the required guidance and enable business on process implementation/transactions
14. Ensuring compliance to internal controls around financial reporting (ICFR)
What are we looking for?
1. Candidates excited to build strong automated processes and drive the related outcomes are preferred for the role.
2. A CA with 5-6 years of work experience in the Service/FMCG Industry.
3. Candidates with Big4 experience will be preferred.
4. Experience in IFRS/Ind-AS is a must. Knowledge of US-GAAP is an added advantage.
5. Strong analytical skills and a data-driven decision-making mentality
6. Strong business acumen to understand the business requirements