Job Opportunity with ABB for Qualified CA/CMA/MBA
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Global Business Services (GBS) is ABB’s shared services organization which delivers operational and expert services in Finance, Human Resources, Information Systems, Legal, Global Travel Services and external Customer Contact Centers. With employees based in five main hubs and front offices, GBS provides mainly Business services to ABB teams across the globe as well as supports with external customer inquiries.
This is a Financial Planning & Analysis – Specialist role, reporting to the Financial Planning & Analysis – Process lead in the Global Business Services, located in Bangalore, India. As a FP&A Specialist, you will lead a team of FP&A Analyst providing Financial Planning and Controlling expertise to the organization by compiling and analyzing metrics, identifying trends and problems, communicating information to relevant groups and recommending actions to improve financial performance.
Your key responsibilities
- Performing analysis of business performance versus budget and forecast, performing benchmarking of key performance indicators with external and internal peers.
- Working with the other financial professionals in Divisions / Regions / Countries and functions to understand and analyze the drivers of financial performance and identify trends. Preparing financial analysis for various “what if” scenarios and sensitivity analysis and the overall impact to the business units. Preparing analysis of overhead under / over absorption indicating root cause, preparing and analyzing Product / Customer profitability, calculating labour hour rates and overhead absorption rate for different business scenarios, performing cost / benefit analysis, Net Present Value vs. Internal Rate of Return (NVP / IRR) analysis and payback period for capex initiatives, analyzing of inventories and net working capital (NWC) and preparing ad-hoc reports as per Business units’ request.
- Supporting preparation of relevant organization financial reporting, business planning, budgeting and forecasting. Validating accuracy of financial data and business information and reports by performing reconciliation and review of exceptions.
- Providing information to management by assembling and summarizing data, preparing reports, presentation of findings and analysis.
- Optimizing own performance to increase productivity by developing automated solutions, eliminating duplications, coordinating information requirements, recommending changes of process standards and procedures to improve the timely performance of process activities and identifying areas for process / report standardization across different countries, divisions and business units.
- Ensuring processes and controls within own area of responsibility are designed and implemented in line with Group and unit requirements, maintaining proper audit trail and documentation for future tax / internal / external audits and reviews, ensuring standard operating procedures (SOPs) are prepared and updated regularly for all activities performed by the team, ensuring service delivery of the team is within the agreed service-level agreement (SLA) and Key Performance Indicator (KPI).
Skills and attributes for success
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with CMA/ CA / MBA.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Accounting and Finance in a manufacturing unit with 2+ years of experience in FP&A is preferable.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with thorough / detail-oriented approach.
- Strong communication skills with fluency in English.
- Hands on experience in SAP FICO and COPA modules, experience with MS Office.
- Basic knowledge of Sales & Distribution, production planning, projects, material master modules in SAP.
- Ability to work with diverse teams across different countries, being self-motivated with a strong commitment to quality.