Not a Flight Risk: Anil Ambani Promises Not to Leave India Without Court Approval

Anil Ambani told the SC he is fully cooperating with the probe into the ADAG case and will appear before the ED on February 26.

Anil Ambani Responds to Supreme Court in Ongoing Probe

Vanshika verma | Feb 19, 2026 |

Not a Flight Risk: Anil Ambani Promises Not to Leave India Without Court Approval

Not a Flight Risk: Anil Ambani Promises Not to Leave India Without Court Approval

Beleaguered industrialist Anil Ambani informed the Supreme Court of India that he is fully cooperating with the ongoing investigation. He said he will appear before the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on February 26 in response to a summons related to an alleged banking and corporate fraud case worth Rs. 40,000 crore involving the Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (ADAG).

Anil Ambani also assured the court that he will not leave the country without taking prior permission from it. In an affidavit, he stated that his role in the companies under investigation was only that of a non-executive director. According to him, he was not involved in the day-to-day management or operational matters of those companies.

He said that on February 4, 2026, the Supreme Court had recorded his statement through his senior lawyer, Mukul Rohatgi, that he would not leave the country without taking permission from the court first.

Through this affidavit, he has formally repeated that promise and placed it on record as an undertaking before the court.

He also stated that he has not travelled outside India since July 2025, when the current investigations began, and he currently has no plans or intention to go abroad.

In his affidavit, he further promised that if he ever needs to travel overseas, he will first seek permission from the court before doing so.

He said he has been fully cooperating with the investigating agencies in the ongoing case and will continue to do so. He mentioned that he has been summoned by the Enforcement Directorate to appear on February 26, 2026, and he has undertaken to attend and join the investigation on that date. He also assured that he would cooperate completely to avoid any confusion or allegations that he is hiding facts or trying to mislead the authorities.

He also told the court that he is not a flight risk and has no intention of avoiding the legal process.

On November 18, 2025, the court had earlier sent notices to the Centre, the CBI, the Enforcement Directorate, Anil Ambani, and several others in response to a petition submitted by former Union Secretary EAS Sarma through his counsel, Prashant Bhushan and Pranav Sachdeva.

The plea claimed that there had been a systematic diversion of public money, manipulation of financial records, and coordinated involvement of multiple entities within the Anil Ambani-led Reliance ADAG Group.

StudyCafe Membership

Join StudyCafe Membership. For More details about Membership Click Join Membership Button
Join Membership

In case of any Doubt regarding Membership you can mail us at [email protected]

Join Studycafe's WhatsApp Group or Telegram Channel for Latest Updates on Government Job, Sarkari Naukri, Private Jobs, Income Tax, GST, Companies Act, Judgements and CA, CS, ICWA, and MUCH MORE!"