Job Opportunity for Communications Officers at World Bank
World Bank is hiring an experienced Senior Program Assistant at their Mumbai, India location. The position will report to the Senior Communications Officer for South Asia and will be based in New Delhi, India. This is an exciting opportunity for a communications professional to work within a dynamic team to implement IFC’s communications strategy in Asia and the Pacific. The successful candidate will have a solid background in communications and experience working in the region. Responsibilities will include:
The complete details of this job are as follows:
Some Important Points:
Post Name: Senior Program Assistant
Job Type: Full Type
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Strategy: Plan, design, and execute a communications strategy and activities to promote effective communications with external and internal audiences focused on IFC’s role and impact. Conceptualize and determine the types of information and communications interventions
that are best suited.
- Relationships: Build and manage effective professional relationships with key industry, government, development, and civil society groups. Position IFC’s Country Manager and project team leads as spokespersons and thought leaders in the private sector development space. Respond to routine and non-routine inquiries about IFC’s operations to enhance two-way communications and dialogue.
- Business Development: Use a variety of tools, techniques, and resources to support business development and to strengthen IFC’s brand, including press releases, media pitching, website development, social media, promotional materials, and conferences.
- Risk Management: Work closely with project teams and IFC clients to identify and mitigate reputational risks, enhance stakeholder engagement efforts, and clearly communicate the long-term development impact and IFC’s value-add in high-profile projects.
- Media Relations: Cultivate relationships with key journalists and secure press coverage for IFC initiatives in local media.
- Products: Write, produce, and disseminate both routine and complex communication products (e.g., media packets, news releases, op-eds, brochures, Q&As, presentations, briefing notes, online and social media content, and speeches) about IFC operations and impact.
- Events: Coordinate scheduling and briefings for communications activities (e.g., executive missions and speeches, press conferences, seminars) involving external and/or internal audiences.
- Technical and advisory support: Advise IFC teams on trends, news, or changing/unexpected circumstances that may impact IFC and its work and help determine strategic responses. Provide communication support to IFC teams and clients.
- Vendor management: Identify, engage, and manage external communications vendors for timely delivery of quality communications products in line with program requirements.
- Master’s degree in communications, journalism, Political Science, International Relations, Public Affairs, Marketing, Business/Finance with 5 or more years’ experience in corporate communications, international relations, public affairs, political science, or other related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience. In addition, a degree in Business administration and/or working experience in investment operations will be valued.
- tDemonstrated ability to lead and manage relationships with senior executives.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with industry subject-matter experts and operational leads, and understand technical aspects related to operations, portfolios, and investments, in order to develop an impactful communications strategy.
- Proven ability to capture national and international trends, case studies, and innovations in communications products in a compelling, easy-to-understand manner.
- Proven ability to think strategically and rapidly analyze diverse information from varied sources and an ability to learn, adapt, and be innovative as new communications challenges arise.
- Self-motivated, creative, excellent organizational skills, proven ability to perform multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a willingness to work in a team environment and the ability to diplomatically handle sensitive situations with target audiences.
- Demonstrated project-management skills, in relation to event organization.
- Excellent English, including writing and editing, skills.
- Knowledge of design tools (Adobe InDesign, PhotoShop, Canva), website design, content management, and media and social media monitoring tools (Hootsuite, Talkwalker) is a distinct plus.
- Exceptional ability to manage projects and operate under pressure and tight deadlines with accuracy and professionalism.
- Understanding of multilateral development institutions, including the World Bank Group, its policies and operations; as well as current development topics and issues.
- World Bank Group Core Competencies for all staff: Client orientation; Drive for results; Teamwork of collaboration and inclusion; Knowledge, Learning, and communication; and Business judgment and analytical decision-making.
Disclaimer: The Recruitment Information provided above is for informational purposes only. The above Recruitment Information has been taken from the official site of the Organisation. We do not provide any Recruitment guarantee. Recruitment is to be done as per the official recruitment process of the company or organization posted the recruitment Vacancy. We don’t charge any fee for providing this Job Information. Neither the Author nor Studycafe and its Affiliates accepts any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of any information in this article nor for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Join StudyCafe Membership. For More details about Membership Click Join Membership Button
In case of any Doubt regarding Membership you can mail us at [email protected]
Join Studycafe's WhatsApp Group or Telegram Channel for Latest Updates on Government Job, Sarkari Naukri, Private Jobs, Income Tax, GST, Companies Act, Judgements and CA, CS, ICWA, and MUCH MORE!"