CSR-1 Form now available on MCA site for Filling
This form is made available pursuant to section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013 and Rule 4(1) and (2) of Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules, 2014)
Below are some of the FAQs related to the Form:
Who is required to File CSR-1?
Every entity that intends to undertake any CSR activity is required to file form CSR-1 electronically with ROC. By Doing so the Company will register itself with the Central Government.
Who can undertake CSR Activities?
CSR Activities can be undertaken by the company itself or through:
- Section 8 Company with Section 12A and Section 80G registrations under the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Registered Public Trust with Section 12A and Section 80G registrations under the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Section 8 Company or Registered Trust or Registered Society established by the Central Government or State Government.
- Registered Society with Section 12A and Section 80G registrations under the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Entity established under an Act of Parliament or State Legislature.
Companies doing CSR Activities directly are required to file form CSR-1?
If a company is directly undertaking CSR activities, then they are not required to file CSR-1 Form.
Is Section 12A and Section 80G mandatory for Trust/Society incorporated by the company for the purpose of CSR?
Section 12A and Section 80G registrations under the Income Tax Act, 1961 shall be mandatory.
Is Certificate by Practicing Professional Required?
Yes, the e-Form should be digitally signed by a Chartered Accountant/ Cost Accountant or Company Secretary in whole-time practice.
Basic Process of Filing CSR-1 Form:
- After filing the Form, you need to upload the same on MCA Portal
- The e-Form will be processed in STP mode.
- On successful submission of the e-Form CSR-1, SRN will be generated
- Further, a digitally signed approval letter along with CSR Registration number with Format CSRXXXXXXXX will be sent on the email ID of the entity as entered in the e-form.
Join StudyCafe Membership. For More details about Membership Click Join Membership Button
In case of any Doubt regarding Membership you can mail us at [email protected]
Join Studycafe's WhatsApp Group or Telegram Channel for Latest Updates on Government Job, Sarkari Naukri, Private Jobs, Income Tax, GST, Companies Act, Judgements and CA, CS, ICWA, and MUCH MORE!"