Format of affidavit for Writ Petition Seeking Writ of Mandamus in High Court.
Affidavit for Writ of Mandamus under Article 226 of the Constitution to be filed in High Court.
Writ of Mandamus under Article 226 is issued as a command to an inferior court or ordering a person to perform a public or statutory duty.
IN THE HIGH COURT OF PRAYAGRAJ AT PRAYAGRAJ
EXTRA ORDINARY CIVIL JURISDICTION
WRIT PETITION (CIVIL) NO. OF 20__
IN THE MATTER OF:
—————————- OF————————– & ORS
I, __________________ , S/o Shri _______________, Aged about ___ years, R/o ___ ________________ _______________ the Petitioner do hereby solemnly state and affirm as under:
- That I am one of the Petitioner of the instant Writ Petition and being conversant with the facts and circumstances of the case, am competent to swear this Affidavit.
- That the other Petitioners have authorized me to sign and file the present Writ Petition.
- That I have read and understood the contents of the abovementioned writ petition and I state that the same are true and correct to my knowledge.
- That all the Annexures annexed to the writ petition are true copies of their respective originals.
- I have done whatsoever inquiry/investigation which was in my power to do, to collect all data/material which was available and which was relevant for this court to entertain the present petition.
- I further confirm that I have not concealed in the present petition any data/material /information which may have enabled this court to form an opinion whether to entertain this application or not and/or whether to grant any relief or not.
- That I have read and understood the content of Writ Petition. I have read and understood the contents of the accompanying synopsis & List of Dates at Pages ____ to ______, Writ Petition at Pages ___ to ____, Para ____ to ____, Grounds ____ to ____ and all accompanying Applications. I state that the facts therein are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. I further state that the Annexure annexed to the Writ Petition are true copies of their respective originals.
Verified at Prayagraj on this ___ day of _______ 20__ that the contents of my aforesaid affidavit are true and correct to my knowledge and belief. No part of it is false nor has anything material been concealed there from.
Disclaimer: – This is only a knowledge sharing initiative and author does not intend to solicit any business or profession. I assume no responsibility for the consequences of use of such information.
The Author can be reached on [email protected] , 9140389470, 8853774256
TANUJ SAXENA AND ASSOCIATES
LUCKNOW, NOIDA AND PATNA